Sunday, January 2, 2011

30 Days of Kink - Day 1

This seems like a fantastic way to kick off this blog! I learned about it from The Redheaded Slut who stole it from Voyeur on Display who got it from Insatiable Desire. It's like the kinky telephone game!

Day 1: Dom, sub, switch?  What parts of BDSM interest you?  Give us an interesting in-depth definition of what that means to you. Basically define your kinky self for us.

After reading the list of 30 topics to write about for this project, I have to say I think this first question is the most challenging for me. First, because I feel I've reached a point where I'm unsure how to define my kinky self and second because I struggle to say anything succinctly and I don't think this answer is supposed to be the length of War and Peace.

My simplest definition is switch. When I say switch I mean really, truly, cut right down the middle, don't lean one way or the other, always have my cupcake and eat it too, want it all, change on a dime, switch. I know there's deeper meaning in this title I've chosen for myself but I'm not yet able to put that into words so for now the above will have to suffice.

What parts of BDSM interest me? ALL parts! Even the ones I have zero personal interest in fascinate me because a big part of participating in the local scene for me has become observation and education. I'm in love with the fact that 10 people can share the same kink and not one of them will define it as the others have. So many opportunities to learn and experiences to share. I feel I've failed in putting myself out there to soak up those learning experiences and I mean to remedy it immediately. I struggle to reconcile all the parts of myself without feeling I must hide or sacrafice any one aspect, but I see others out there doing it and hope to gain knowledge and support from them. Then, I will truly be able to define my kinky self.

1 comment:

  1. I think your learning curve is healthy and you *have* availed yourself of opportunities to learn and share.

    You show so much joy in play. It makes me happy just being near.

    ReplyDelete